[audio-pals] Re: Update

  • From: "BethAnn LaPresta" <dmarc-noreply@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> (Redacted sender "bela28_02@xxxxxxxxx" for DMARC)
  • To: "audio-pals@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <audio-pals@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 11 Mar 2015 03:08:49 +0000 (UTC)

Well, you knew I'd have to weigh in now that you're looking seriously at buying
a home.  First, 20 homes is a lot, that's true.  Remember that your agent won't
make a dime until whatever you buy actually closes.  That's a lot of time and
money up front with no guarantee of payment.  Now, if you and Amanda have told
her what you were interested in with some detail, she should not be showing you
20 homes (unless you need a really low price range, which makes everything
harder and faster -- as you're finding out).
Also, when you do make an offer, remember it's worth it to get a home
inspection and make sure your agent makes the sale contingent on that.  It's a
little bit of money, but SO worth it.  Also, investigate on your own a home
inspector, not necessarily someone your agent recommends.
Have fun and good luck!!!  Let us know how it goes   :)