[argyllcms] Re: Dell U2711 - is it any good?

  • From: Rishi Sanyal <rishi.j.sanyal@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: argyllcms@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 21 Jun 2011 13:12:52 -0700

FWIW, I can confirm that in my hands, the profiles made by the
following techniques:

1) ColorMunki + dispcalGUI/argyll using adaptive mode
2) i1 Display 2 colorimeter using correction matrix generated my
ccmxmake using ColorMunki

... are very similar. Doubtful I can tell the difference.

If there were some objective way to test the quality of the profiles,
that'd be great. I just don't know how to without a reference grade
spectrophotometer. Using a hardware device to check itself is useless,
as I understand it.

To answer Knut's question, I'd assume that even the 7 channel one can
generate a 3-channel correction curve. The extra channels just help to
correct for mismatches between the filters & primaries.

I'd be curious to know of what changed in the new X-Rite ColorMunki
Display & i1 Display models introduced today. X-Rite claims these are
good for wide-gamut displays, as well as 'future' technologies. How?

-Rishi