[argyllcms] Re: Dell U2711 - is it any good?

  • From: Graeme Gill <graeme@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: argyllcms@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 24 Jun 2011 00:03:52 +1000

Rishi Sanyal wrote:
Exactly. So why they market their new colorimeters, that don't include
a spectrophotometer in the packages, as items that "ensure unrivaled
color accuracy and consistency now and in the future" is unclear to
me. Looks like pure overzealous marketing hype to me. You could say
the same thing about colorimeters already on the market now. With a
spectrophotometer, even they can (somewhat) accurately profile
wide-gamut displays (in my experience anyway).

I don't agree with you. Producing a colorimetric instrument that includes
it's individual spectral characterisation seems like a worthwhile advance
to me, with tangible benefits.