[argyllcms] Re: Dell U2711 - is it any good?

  • From: "Alan Goldhammer" <agoldhammer@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <argyllcms@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 20 Jun 2011 16:30:18 -0400

NEC do source a colorimeter from X-Rite that has been modified with a filter
to work on wide-gamut displays.  I've been using it with dispcal to profile
mine and it works fine without a correction matrix file.  I have followed
the Ethan Hansen evaluations with great interest but even he pointed out
that these corrected colorimeters do a good job for the monitors they were
designed for.

Of course if you have the appropriate instrumentation you can prepare your
own correction matrix using the tools that Graeme has developed.

Alan