[argyllcms] Re: Dell U2711 - is it any good?

  • From: Knut Inge <knutinh@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: argyllcms@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 21 Jun 2011 20:42:03 +0200

Thank you for your input.

Are there any correction curves out there that I could have a go at?
For instance anyone that has calibrated their Dell u2711s using a
Spyder 3 AND a spectroradiometer, producing a correction for that
setup (ignoring unit-to-unit variance)? Or 2nd best would be (I guess)
anyone doing something similar for a Spyder 3 and any wide-gamut s-ips
CCFL display, perhaps the Nec pa271w or the Apple 27"?

Should the Spyder 3 correction curve ideally be 7-channel (as it is a
7-channel native sensor), or is it sufficient to do correction of the
3-channel default mix of those?

regards