[amayausers] Re: Presser Foot

  • From: DLCompton@xxxxxxx
  • To: amayausers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 28 Mar 2005 11:54:55 EST

Ed....

Thanks for giving us the information on what indicates a "new" (well not so
new) presser foot. I did purchase it the first year it came out. It arrived on
 Oct. 1, 2002. The "new" presser foot does have a hole in the center of the
foot as you describe. My machine has only been serviced twice, once because
the  spring needed to be replaced (about 6 months after I got it) and the
second
time  because it was at the end of the original warranty period (that's when
the  presser foot was changed). I am continually glad I purchased my Amaya. I
probably sound like a salesperson too when I'm at trade shows and I meet
people  who are researching what machine to buy.

Dorothy  Compton
Bee Embroidered
_www.BeeEmbroidered.com_ (http://www.beeembroidered.com/)
(916)  635-7467
Rancho Cordova, CA

In a message dated 3/27/2005 9:37:57 PM Pacific Standard Time, e3m@xxxxxxx
writes:

Dorothy,
How old is your machine?  Were you one  of the original Amaya owners?  I
recall there being a Presser Foot  upgrade but that was about two years ago.
I don't think Melco has released  any machines from the factory, with the
original presser foot, since  then.  There was a change to the final shape of
the presser foot and  possibly some improvements to the inner workings.  An
upgraded presser  foot is indicated by having a small hole in the center of
the "foot" right  where it touches the fabric.  The original presser foot was
solid  across the foot.
The other day, I was training some fine  folks on how to run their hats on a
six head Tajima. (A long time employee  left them a while back and none of
the existing employees know much about  embroidery - dilemma!)  As I
proceeded to instruct them about the  raised needle plate and adjusting the
presser foot, I realized the only way  to do this was to remove the front
needle case cover with it's two  corresponding screws, and then on all of the
needles necessary to run for  that design, individually loosen a set screw on
each presser foot and  manually adjust it's height and then tighten the set
screw again.   Very time consuming on a six head machine and boy was I
missing my  Amaya's.  And since all the hats move in unison while sewing, all
hats  have to be hooped virtually identical or centering of the design may be
off  a bit on some of the hats.
I couldn't help but mentioning all  the features of the Amaya's the whole
time I was there,...  you would  have thought I was a Melco salesman.
Hope this helps.
Ed

Ed &  Maralien Orantes
E.M. Broidery