[amayausers] Re: Presser Foot

  • From: "E. Orantes" <e3m@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <amayausers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 27 Mar 2005 23:45:06 -0600

Dorothy,
        How old is your machine?  Were you one of the original Amaya owners?  I
recall there being a Presser Foot upgrade but that was about two years ago.
I don't think Melco has released any machines from the factory, with the
original presser foot, since then.  There was a change to the final shape of
the presser foot and possibly some improvements to the inner workings.  An
upgraded presser foot is indicated by having a small hole in the center of
the "foot" right where it touches the fabric.  The original presser foot was
solid across the foot.
        The other day, I was training some fine folks on how to run their hats
on a
six head Tajima. (A long time employee left them a while back and none of
the existing employees know much about embroidery - dilemma!)  As I
proceeded to instruct them about the raised needle plate and adjusting the
presser foot, I realized the only way to do this was to remove the front
needle case cover with it's two corresponding screws, and then on all of the
needles necessary to run for that design, individually loosen a set screw on
each presser foot and manually adjust it's height and then tighten the set
screw again.  Very time consuming on a six head machine and boy was I
missing my Amaya's.  And since all the hats move in unison while sewing, all
hats have to be hooped virtually identical or centering of the design may be
off a bit on some of the hats.
        I couldn't help but mentioning all the features of the Amaya's the whole
time I was there,...  you would have thought I was a Melco salesman.
Hope this helps.
Ed

Ed & Maralien Orantes
E.M. Broidery