[wisb] Lake Michigan

  • From: Daryl Tessen <bhaunts@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: wisbirdn@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 13 Nov 2014 12:21:36 -0600

A check of Lake Michigan this morning revealed how quiet it was!!  Starting at
Sheboygan the only bird of note was 2 adult Great Black-backed Gulls.  (I had a
nice talk with Mike R while there.)
Kohler SP had an adult Glaucous Gull, and a mixed flock of Black and Surf
Scoters swimming out on the lake.

Harrington Beach SP had some migrating flocks of Red-br. Mergansers, plus other
diving ducks in lower numbers---period!

In my yard I still have a Fox and White-throated Sparrow plus a surprising
Hermit Thrush.  (Have not seen the latter in over a month here.)
Daryl Tessen
Appleton,, WI