[THIN] Re: OT: Dell PE 1855 Blade Servers

  • From: "Jim Kenzig http://ThinHelp.com" <jkenzig@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 23 Jan 2006 12:47:52 -0800 (PST)

All I can say is this. When I make a decision it is an intelligent and informed
one. One of the largest criterion for a decision I make when it comes to
hardware and software(or any product for that matter) is the companies
reputation in the industry, their experience with a given architecture,  how
long have they been and around and how long do I expect will they be around in
the future.

  It is a rarity that I have made a poor decision.  My ISP has never gone belly
up, my cell phone company has never changed hands and neither have my utility
companies I choose.

  Compaq, Dec have changed hands, as have gateway and a myriad of other
hardware vendors.  IBM has always been IBM and HP has always been HP. Both
companies have been around a lot longer then Dell.  IBM has been around since
the early 1900's, HP has been around since the late 1930's and Dell only came
onto the scene about 15 years or so ago. They have a long way to go before they
catch up to IBM or HP.

  JK

Roger Riggins <roger. wrote:
                So you choose IBM not because they have a better product, but
because of their reputation? Just clarifying.
    Roger Riggins
Network Administrator
Lutheran Services in Iowa
w: 319.859.3543