[THIN] Re: OT: Dell PE 1855 Blade Servers

  • From: "Evan Mann" <emann@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 24 Jan 2006 10:59:42 -0500

And in equal fairness.  Complaints about failed hardware were supplier
issues (HDDs from Maxtor, bad capacitors from god knows who).  Dell
handled the HDDs well, but the capacitors poorly.  No proactive
replacement on GX270 motherboards, but proactive replacement (with free
on-site imaging) was offered on the HDD failed systems.

It's funny to see the word "monopoly" mentioned.  No one likes people
being like Microsoft in the comptuer world, and because of that, there
are more complaints, and more publicity from it, and that's what I see
has happened to Dell.