[texbirds] Tuesday morning bird census, Hagerman NWR.

  • From: Jack Chiles <chilesjack@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Texbirds <Texbirds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 13 Oct 2015 19:48:33 -0500

We finished the day with 69 species. The most unusual sighting was 3 Audubon's
Warblers in one tree. These were my first ever sightings of Audubon Warblers
on the refuge. Ducks are beginning to come in larger numbers. We saw 4 Caspian
Terns in flight over the lake mixed in with Forster's Terns. There were 2
mature Bald Eagles near F Pad. There were 6 immature Night-Herons at Deaver
Pond. 1 Black-crowned and 5 Yellow-crowned. We saw a group of 84 American
Pipits. Winter sparrow numbers are increasing with Savannah, Song and Lincoln's
present. The planted wheat is struggling due to the lack of rain.

http://ebird.org/ebird/iss/view/checklist?subID=S25408358
Jack Chiles, Texas master naturalist and volunteer, Hagerman NWR.Edit your
Freelists account settings for TEXBIRDS at