[TechAssist] Re: bad checks??

  • From: Kevin <kevintv@xxxxxxx>
  • To: techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 04 Aug 2004 20:55:43 -0700

Once bitten, twice shy.

Kevin Wilks
Kevin's TV & Video Repair
Penticton BC Canada
kevintv@xxxxxxx

-----Original Message-----
From: techassist-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
[mailto:techassist-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Technotronic
Dimensions
Sent: Wednesday, August 04, 2004 7:11 PM
To: techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [TechAssist] Re: bad checks??

Whats great about this Business, is these people , I call em "Tekkie
Wanna
Be's" Who diagnose the set themselves, and only want you to do the labor
Work at a cheaper Rate because the Diagnosis part is "completed" ~
dont always make the right call. So you may very well do what they ask,
and
not examine the TV for other Common issues known by experience with that
Model, and they wind up having more problems down the road, where you
could
have solved them right there as a normal Repair call.

Now, if they dont pay you, it makes it worse for them, because now you
have
the ball in your hands with knowledge of the previous symptoms, and they
have to risk taking it to another Shop who may not be as failiar with
that
chassis as you are, so in the end these "scammers" wind up in a bigger
hole
than they started in , believe me....they always do and always will,
weather
they chose you or someone else.

I have someone local asking me to come to their house for a Service Call
on
their PC, and they already have issued me (1) bounced Check. They did
eventually pay me the Returned check Fee, and actual amount, plus they
gave
me other compensation as well, but they were angry about doing
it......and
sent me a nasty letter
implying that I made them feel Stupid. Well, I never expected to hear
from
them ever, but now they want a Service call, and will gladly pay me
Friday
for services rendered today, and I have a hard time believing it. Can ya
blame me? LOL.

Steve Hearns
Technotronic Dimensions, NY [USA]
WWW.TECHNOTRONIC-DIMENSIONS.COM
1-877-817-9885 (Voice / Fax Toll Free - US Only)