[riscos-printing] Re: GutenPrint and Canon printers

  • From: Doug Webb <doug.j.webb@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: riscos-printing@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 01 Mar 2007 16:06:39 GMT

In message <958dc4bc4e.Brian@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
          Brian Howlett <brian.groups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> On 1 Mar, Martin Wuerthner wrote:
>
> [snip]
>>
>> Please try again with GPDriver 2.04, available from:
>> http://www.mw-software.com/software/gutenprint/downloads/gpdriver204.z
>> ip Simply replace your copy by this new one.
>>
>> I would appreciate if a few of the existing beta testers (or users who
>> got the download password at the South West Show) could try this new
>> release and send me a quick report to confirm that it works. If that
>> new version turns out to work OK, then this will turn into the proper
>> release version.
Martin,

I can confirm that it works with my setup using a Canon i550, SafeCom
SWAMRU-54108 router, PrintSpool and Gutenprint S800 driver. Again the
Gamma has to be altered up to 1.25 this time as the first print is
little dark. Obviously the S800 can only drive the i550 up to 600x600
but thats Ok at the moment.

I have the Safecom acting as just a print server as I have a BT Home
hub and Voip phone connected to the ADSL. Doing this way also lets me
recycle old kit.

Thanks for the updates.

Doug
--
Using a Iyonix PC and RISC OS 5.13, the thinking persons alternative
operating system to Microsoft Windows.