[riscos-printing] Re: GutenPrint and Canon printers

  • From: Doug Webb <doug.j.webb@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: riscos-printing@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 25 Feb 2007 16:37:24 GMT

Well I have now checked the files, with the aid of PrintSpool, that
are produced by both GimpPrint and GutenPrint when using the Canon
drivers and there is a difference.

The following information is at the start of the GimpPrint file that
does print:

[K BJLSTART
ControlMode=Common
AckTime=Short
BJLEND
[K

seen more clearly in the attachment.

The GutenPrint out file is exactly the same apart from this header.

If I use PrintSpool to save the GutenPrint file and then add the
header information from a GimpPrint file then requeue the resultant
updated GutenPrint file it will print.

So for some reason the Canon GutenPrint driver is leaving this out.

I hope this help Martin.

Thanks

Doug
--
Using a Iyonix PC and RISC OS 5.13, the thinking persons alternative
operating system to Microsoft Windows.