[riscos-printing] Re: GutenPrint and Canon printers

  • From: Ian Hamilton <Ian_Hamilton@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: riscos-printing@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 25 Feb 2007 16:49:12 +0000 (GMT)

In article <b290c6ba4e.dougjwebb@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, Doug Webb
<doug.j.webb@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Well I have now checked the files, with the aid of PrintSpool, that
> are produced by both GimpPrint and GutenPrint when using the Canon
> drivers and there is a difference.

> The following information is at the start of the GimpPrint file that
> does print:

> ControlMode=Common
> AckTime=Short
> [K

> seen more clearly in the attachment.

> The GutenPrint out file is exactly the same apart from this header.

> If I use PrintSpool to save the GutenPrint file and then add the
> header information from a GimpPrint file then requeue the resultant
> updated GutenPrint file it will print.

> So for some reason the Canon GutenPrint driver is leaving this out.

As a temporary solution, do 'Show>Configurations' from PrintSpool menu,
open the 'Local' directory and the 'Preludes' directory. Create a file
with a name that matches the printer (e.g. PoScript2) or matches the USB
details (e.g. 050D/0002) with the above information and PrintSpool should
add it for you when printing.

Ian Hamilton (RISC PC RO4)  http://www.hamiltoni.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/
             (Iyonix  RO5)  Programs compatible with RISC OS 3/4/5