[riscos-printing] GutenPrint and Canon printers

  • From: Doug Webb <doug.j.webb@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: riscos-printing@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 25 Feb 2007 12:46:46 GMT

Hi

Well I have updated to GutenPrint and tried to print but all that
happens is that the printer flashes and doesn't produce any output.

I have been using a CANON i550 with Gimpprint which worked with the
S800 definition file.

I went through the following process:

- Backed up GimpPrint including the drivers and deleted the copies of
GEMPrint, GPSetup and GP Printer definitions within !Printers.

-Copied over the new versions of GEMPrint, GPSetup, GPDriver2 and
definitions into !Printers.

-Loaded the new GP2 S800 definition file into !Printers and set it up
including using Ian Hamilton's software to select USB.

- Saved everything and reset the machine.

- I then tried print out and it start the GP2 progress but nothing
comes out of the printer.

- Repeated this for the orignal GimpPrint version and this still
works.

- Tried IP4000 file but still the same.

Any suggestions welcome including any debug information that i can
collect.

Thanks

Doug
--
Using a Iyonix PC and RISC OS 5.13, the thinking persons alternative
operating system to Microsoft Windows.