[riscos-printing] Re: GutenPrint and Canon printers

  • From: Willem Arends <wlm4p@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: riscos-printing@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 25 Feb 2007 15:58:13 +0100

In message <08c0b5ba4e.dougjwebb@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
          Doug Webb <doug.j.webb@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> In message <3873b1ba4e.dougjwebb@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
>           Doug Webb <doug.j.webb@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>
> > Hi
> >
> > Well I have updated to GutenPrint and tried to print but all that
> > happens is that the printer flashes and doesn't produce any output.

> [snip]
>

> > - Tried IP4000 file but still the same.

I installed Gutenprint from scratch for the Canon iP4000
It is seen by Impression, goes thru' the whole proces ending up saying
that the print is ready, but the printer doesn't print.
From StrongEd the message comes that the Canon isn't a text-printer even
after selecting 'text' from GPsetup.
I used Ian Hamilton's PrtSet2USB and found both Canondrivers connected
to the same USB-address.

--
Kind regards, Willem Arends

- And my name is Bobby Brown, watch me now I'm goin' down - Frank Zappa