[riscos-printing] Re: GutenPrint and Canon printers

In message <3873b1ba4e.dougjwebb@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
          Doug Webb <doug.j.webb@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Hi
>
> Well I have updated to GutenPrint and tried to print but all that
> happens is that the printer flashes and doesn't produce any output.
>
> I have been using a CANON i550 with Gimpprint which worked with the
> S800 definition file.

[snip]

> - Tried IP4000 file but still the same.Now

Now I have tried the my old CANON 7100 on the RISCPC using the
supplied driver to see if this was an issue.

Again the GimpPrint version prints out but the GutenPrint one doesn't.

I did make sure that I used the correct driver type for each version.
i.e Old Gimp one and a separate GutenPrint driver.

So it looks as if there maybe an issue with the Canon drivers.

I do not have a Epson to try it with unfortunately.

Thanks

Doug
--
Using a Iyonix PC and RISC OS 5.13, the thinking persons alternative
operating system to Microsoft Windows.