[riscos-printing] Re: GutenPrint and Canon printers

  • From: Alan Griffin <ajg@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: riscos-printing@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 02 Mar 2007 22:25:01 +0000 (GMT)

On 02 Mar, Brian Howlett <brian.groups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> > When I try to print, I get the error message: "This application needs at
> > least version 1.07 of the SharedUnixLibrary module"
> >
> > Where do I find it, and where do I put it?
> >
> http://www.riscos.info/index.php/GCC_for_RISC_OS gives you a link to
> download the support modules needed by UnixLib. You should end up with
> a !System you need to merge with your existing !System.

Done! Thanks for your help.

However, it doesn't print, although I no longer get an error message!
I suppose it's because I'm using the S800 printer driver, because there
isn't one for the Canon i560.
It goes through the motions, and the printer light flashes as the green
band travels across telling me that it is printing, but no paper feeds,
and the printer doesn't actually do anything!

Alan Griffin