[riscos-printing] Re: GutenPrint and Canon printers

  • From: Doug Webb <doug.j.webb@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: riscos-printing@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 02 Mar 2007 22:57:45 GMT

In message <4ebd79920fajg@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>

[snip]

> Done! Thanks for your help.
>
> However, it doesn't print, although I no longer get an error message!
> I suppose it's because I'm using the S800 printer driver, because there
> isn't one for the Canon i560.
> It goes through the motions, and the printer light flashes as the green
> band travels across telling me that it is printing, but no paper feeds,
> and the printer doesn't actually do anything!
>
> Alan Griffin
Sounds like you have the original version 2.02 of GPDriver2 installed.

Martin sent a posting to the list with 2.04beta that cures this
problem but that only allows one page printing at the moment.

In message <840136bc4e.martin@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
          Martin Wuerthner <lists@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

[snip]

Please try again with GPDriver 2.04, available from:
http://www.mw-software.com/software/gutenprint/downloads/gpdriver204.zip
Simply replace your copy by this new one.

Doug
--
Using a Iyonix PC and RISC OS 5.13, the thinking persons alternative
operating system to Microsoft Windows.