[pure-silver] Re: buying photo stuff on ebay

  • From: Laurence Cuffe <cuffe@xxxxxxx>
  • To: pure-silver@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 28 Jun 2007 08:13:29 -0700

On Wednesday, June 27, 2007, at 09:39PM, "Ray Rogers" <earthsoda@xxxxxxxxx>
wrote:

>--- Dave James <charlie_5oclock@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>
>Will
>> you still bid if the auction ends (or extends) at
>> 3AM?
Look, its a matter of knowing your own mind.
My max bid is not the price I'd like to get it at, but its the price I'd as
soon not pay for it.  So, if it goes away from me, I'm just as happy to see it
go. This way when I miss something at auction I'm relaxed.  Time and again on
eBay and at other auctions I've seen silly bidding wars with buyers cought up
in the psychology of "ownership" where they start to think of the item as
theirs and are prepared to pay insane amounts not to let it go.
The bottom line is: unless your investing, something is worth what you are
prepared to pay for it. no more, no less.
My 2c.
Larry Cuffe