[pure-silver] Re: buying photo stuff on ebay

  • From: bill harting <vintagebill@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: pure-silver@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 25 May 2007 10:09:54 -0400

Shannon, I usually do what I think you did on Ebay, decide what I'm willing to pay, make the bid and that's that. I don't sit waiting for the auction to end, and though I have "sniped" my rule is not to second guess myself. Until later. I hate to lose things by a dollar, but who knows how high the winning bidder might have been willing to go?

Bill

Shannon Stoney wrote:
I've always thought it was sort of funny that ebay uses that term, "win." As in, "You won!" It seems to imply that you got it for free. Maybe they should say instead, "You bought it!"

Of course, the desire to "win" is what fuels bidding I suppose. Next time I'll wait till near the end to bid. I've been a seller on ebay more than I've been a buyer, so I guess I'm sort of naive about the buying process.

--shannon

        'Winning' isn't always winning.

-- Justin F. Knotzke
    jknotzke@xxxxxxxxxx