[projectaon] Re: PDF Comment Period

  • From: David Davis <feline1@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <projectaon@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 14 Jul 2010 09:16:20 +0100

 I looked at it there and the Souvenir seemed to be rendering much more
nicely on my screen,
 so that is good (I wasn't doing an A/B comparison with the previous PDF
though).
 Souvenir is always going to struggle a bit on an old 1280 x 1024 monitor
anyway
 (possibly the latest Adobe or Linotype OpenType release may have improved
hinting,
 but maybe it doesn't doesn't).

 Comparing the resolution of the graphics on the Action Chart with all the
other illustrations,
 the Action Chart is really very nice, and shows up the rather low-res
quality of the rest of the
 graphics.... so it will be great if we can bring everything up to the
same DPI level as the Action Chart.
 But if this is going to take a lot of time and effort (rescanning?) then
it seems not unreasonable to wait till the next reissue.

 --
 http://www.feline1.co.uk

 On Tue 13/07/10 10:06 PM , Ingo Kloecker projectaon@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
sent:
 On Thursday 01 July 2010, Jonathan Blake wrote:
 > I think Ingo's PDF is ready to publish (and I'm eager to be back to
 > providing PDFs!) but I would like to allow any last minute comments
 > before we proceed. Let's have a comment period on the PDF format (not
 > necessarily the text of the book itself since we're trying to
 > evaluate the presentation more than the content) that ends this
 > Sunday, July 4. Please take a look in the meantime.
 >
 > http://www.projectaon.org/staff/ingo/01fftd.pdf
[1]">http://www.projectaon.org/staff/ingo/01fftd.pdf

 From my point of view the PDF is now ready for (a first) release. Sure,
 there is still a lot of room for improvement but in my opinion we can
 leave this for another day (resp. for the second release).

 Regards,
 Ingo

[2]">//www.freelists.org/list/projectaon

Links: