[projectaon] Re: PDF Comment Period

  • From: Jonathan Blake <blake.jon@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: projectaon@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 11 Jul 2010 16:24:06 -0700

On Sun, Jul 11, 2010 at 11:46 AM, Ingo Kloecker
<projectaon@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> I had a look at this. This cannot be changed easily because "turn to XX"
> is represented by one entity. I tried to use the XPath function
> replace() but xsltproc does not seem to support this function. Also
> using replace() to replace the number by "\textbf{XX}" would be an ugly
> hack which will break easily. In my opinion this is best solved by
> making an addition to the XML files, e.g. by enclosing all numbers
> inside the <link-text> tags in <number> tags (or something similar).
> Jon?

There appears to be a way in XSTL 2.0 to use regular expressions to do
such things <http://www.w3.org/TR/xslt20/#regular-expressions>. It
would take experimentation, but in my personal opinion, it looks
better with the whole expression bolded, not just the number. However,
that's probably coming from a web design point of view, not a print
point of view, if you see what I mean.

How does everyone feel about this? Unless people would really like to
see just the number bold (or if someone wants to solve the problem for
the fun of it (I'm serious)), I don't want to spend time on it.