[projectaon] Re: PDF Comment Period

  • From: David Davis <feline1@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <projectaon@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 13 Jul 2010 09:01:33 +0100

 OpenType is just a new wrapper round the existing font, which will still
be the same as it always was (either PS Type 1 or True Type -
 probably PS Type1 in this case).
 The OpenType wrapper just provides further fancy features for advanced
typography and larger unicode character sets.
 Again however, I know not what linux does with these things :p

 --
 http://www.feline1.co.uk

 On Tue 13/07/10 4:08 AM , Jonathan Blake jonathan.blake@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
sent:
 On Mon, Jul 12, 2010 at 5:04 PM, Javier Fernandez-Sanguino
  wrote:
 > On 12 July 2010 21:58, Jonathan Blake  wrote:
 >> So we're back to discussing purchasing the fonts for official Project
 >> Aon use. However, I'm not able to determine what the license terms are
 >> for the font if I purchase it, for example, through Linotype. If I
 >> purchase the fonts (basically in Project Aon's name), is it within the
 >> license terms for me to distribute it to others for the sole purpose
 >> of allowing them to work on PA stuff? Or is it a single person
 >> license, no pseudo-corporations may apply?
 >
 > Why not purchase it from Adobe? ITC Souvenir is available at 100 USD,
 > allowing preview and print for 5 users. See:

http://store1.adobe.com/cfusion/store/html/index.cfm%3Fstore%3DOLS-US%26amp%3Bevent%3DdisplayFontPackage%26amp%3Bcode%3D117
[3]">http://store1.adobe.com/cfusion/store/html/index.cfm?store=OLS-US&event=displayFontPackage";>http://store1.adobe.com/cfusion/store/html/index.cfm?store=OLS-US&event=displayFontPackage";>//www.freelists.org/list/projectaon

Links:
------
[1] mailto:jfs@xxxxxxxxxxxx
[2] mailto:jonathan.blake@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx