[projectaon] Re: PDF Comment Period

  • From: Jonathan Blake <jonathan.blake@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: projectaon@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 12 Jul 2010 12:58:54 -0700

On Mon, Jul 12, 2010 at 12:43 PM, Ingo Kloecker
<projectaon@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> On Sunday 11 July 2010, Javier Fernandez-Sanguino wrote:
>> Could you send me your setup (and the font)? It would be best to have
>> this documented in SVN.
>
> I'm sorry, but I cannot send you the font as I'm not allowed to do so
> due to its license. We expect people to respect the Project Aon License
> so we should do the same for other licenses.
>
> FWIW, I got the font from a CD with some version of Corel Draw which was
> part of the delivery of a PC (with loads of stuff).

Agreed.

So we're back to discussing purchasing the fonts for official Project
Aon use. However, I'm not able to determine what the license terms are
for the font if I purchase it, for example, through Linotype. If I
purchase the fonts (basically in Project Aon's name), is it within the
license terms for me to distribute it to others for the sole purpose
of allowing them to work on PA stuff? Or is it a single person
license, no pseudo-corporations may apply?

Also, would OpenType work for our purposes?