[projectaon] Re: PDF Comment Period

  • From: Javier Fernandez-Sanguino <jfs@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: projectaon@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 7 Jul 2010 11:48:59 +0200

On 1 July 2010 21:46, David Davis <feline1@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> My single biggest concern is about the Souvenir font.
(....)
> This suggests to me that the pdfTex library has converted the PostScript
> Souvenir font to a PostScript Type3 font, and embedded it that way.

That might be what ps2pdf does. I will take a look at the options
used, but it might decide to conver the Souvenir font instead of
embedding it. It should be pretty easy to make it use Postscript Type
1 standard fonts (see http://dsanta.users.ch/resources/type1.html).
If we use this which Type 1 font would you recommend using for the
PDFs? (see [1])

We could also try to have ps2pdf to embed the PDF files. Would that be
a reasonable option?

Regards

Javier

[1] This document has a list of Type 1 fonts available in LaTeX:
http://www.cs.usask.ca/content/resources/tutorials/latex/type1fonts.shtml
I'm not sure it's current (don't have access to my development
environment right now) but, if any, there might be some more
available.