Re: GNU Accessibility Statement Online

  • From: Chris Hofstader <cdh@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: programmingblind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 27 Mar 2010 16:17:03 -0400

Hi,

I have spent most of the last nine months working on NPII. I think it is a very
good idea and can be managed in a way that can preserve anonymity while having
some of its services running on a server. All software written by RTF/NPII will
have a free software license (I think it will be MIT) but third parties,
including proprietary software vendors, can use our back end to augment their
products.

The one problem with NPII is that it is a really big project and raising money
to move it out of the discussion phase is an arduous process to say the least.

As I said earlier, I'm collecting criticism and ideas for the next version of
the GNU Accessibility Statement and appreciate the feedback.

So, I think we can say that this group would prefer the server based
applications sentence be removed. Now, what do you guys think about everything
else in the statement?

cdh