Re: GNU Accessibility Statement Online

  • From: "qubit" <lauraeaves@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <programmingblind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 27 Mar 2010 20:49:34 -0500

So you view cloud as innovation -- it is interesting, I'll say that.  But
that gets back to the agent string problem I mentioned in my last mail.  If
the string (or whatever it is) indicates a certain user needs a special
accessible web page, then that web author will be forced to maintain 2
versions, and the whole segregation thing comes in again.
It is as costly to maintain multiple webpages as it is to design one, and
most site authors will not do it readily, not because of lack of caring, but
for economic reasons.
I will read on in my mail before commenting further, except to say that we
are talking about something different from the web as in the 90s, so I need
to read up on cloud before getting more involved in this discussion.
--le