Re: GNU Accessibility Statement Online

  • From: Storm Dragon <stormdragon2976@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: programmingblind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 27 Mar 2010 13:05:38 -0400

Hi,
Ok, you got me there, it is right out in the open. The thing is, it kind
of seems like one of those things that congress likes to do when getting
a really good bill passed. They tack things on to the end of it that are
what they want to get done, and they get passed just because the rest of
it is great.
"Also, the statement does not condemn server based applications but,
rather, encourages people not to make or use them." What is the
difference? May as well condemn them, that would meet the same goal.
As for the privacy issues, that is a very good point. Why not add
something about that instead of just letting the statement hang in the
air right at the end of the rest of it. It would make it fit better
perhaps.
Thanks
Storm

--