GNU Accessibility Statement Online

  • From: Chris Hofstader <cdh@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: programmingblind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 27 Mar 2010 08:59:57 -0400

Hi,

For a couple of months, Richard Stallman and I have been working on the GNU
Accessibility Statement (GAS)  which takes a no nonsense approach to endorsing
the rights of people with disabilities as regard software within the context of
free software. I've never read a more strongly worded statement from any
organization regarding software and people with disabilities.

GAS also takes a strong stance on free software values but does not endorse any
specific license, although we would like people to use GPL.

You can read the statement at:
http://www.gnu.org/accessibility/accessibility.html
and send comments to me that we can consider for future revisions of the
statement.

Thanks,
cdh