RE: GNU Accessibility Statement Online

  • From: "DaShiell, Jude T. CIV NAVAIR 1490, 1, 26" <jude.dashiell@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: <programmingblind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 29 Mar 2010 08:30:23 -0400

It's not just the interface change, they can change the network pipeline
between you and the cloud and when that happens accessibility can be
terminated.  Windows with screen readers refreshes screens at a very
high rate of speed if I remember correctly it's something like 9,600
times a second.  You can set up an accessible interface on a cloud then
switch from broadband connections to narrowband connections for security
reasons and all users of windows screen readers are then frozen out in
the cold.  A screen reader upgrade that the cloud interface doesn't yet
support is another way to break usability.  Now of course the way around
narrowband restrictions is to move to dos or command line Linux and
possibly Kermit for doing the communications but that really will ruin
lots of windows user's days because dos is going to have to be used in
command line context console-based interface and that unfortunately
ruins the days for all of those mouse clickers out there too.

Rot47: <;F56]52D9:6==@?2GJ]>:=>