-=PCTechTalk=- Re: dialup and high speed cable access question

  • From: GuitarMan <gman.pctt@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <pctechtalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 12 Jul 2007 21:50:10 -0400

Cristy,
    Yes, you ARE subbed twice and didn't THAT turn out to be convenient.
;O}

    There's nothing that you will have to do when you get home.  This is a
separate connection that uses its own settings.  Earthlink's settings should
not be affected by you unticking that DNS item.

    You 'should' be able to both send & receive from ANY email account you
own, even if it's hosted on a different ISP (so there's no need to sub twice
to all of your groups).  I can only assume that you just set up this Cox
account in your email program of choice.  If the Earthlink account is still
set up there too, go ahead and test it by sending a post using that account
instead.  If you're using OE, just open up a new message window and click on
the little down arrow to the right of your email address.  You'll see the
other email addy and be able to select that instead of this one.  You can
even go into OE's "Accounts" area (Tools > Accounts) and designate ANY of
your email addys as the Default address it should use (choose the one you
need to use most often).  Then, you would use the arrow trick above if you
need to use any of the other ones instead.

    If it turns out that the Earthlink originating post doesn't get through,
let me know and I'll show you a trick to get around it.

Peace,
GMan