-=PCTechTalk=- Re: dialup and high speed cable access question

  • From: GuitarMan <gman.pctt@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <pctechtalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 13 Jul 2007 01:23:01 -0400

Cristy From Earth,
    Ok, just so we're on the same page (if not on the same planet     lol),
does the Reply window offer up the other addy, but when you try to send, it
won't go?  Or does the Reply window not offer the other addy?

    If you can change it, but it just won't send, follow Rose's advice about
changing the SMTP setting for your Earthlink addy.  You want to change it to
the same SMTP setting that the Cox addy uses.  To do this, go to Tools >
Accounts and doubleclick on the Cox addy.  When it opens, write down
whatever you find in the SMTP box inside the Servers tab.  Close that window
and doubleclick on the one for your Earthlink addy, go to the Servers tab
and replace what's already in there with the same thing from the Cox addy.
Be sure to write down Earthlink's current settings first, so that you can
change it back in a month.  When you're finished, OK all open windows and
try sending in a Text post using the Earthlink addy.

Peace,
GMan