-=PCTechTalk=- Re: dialup and high speed cable access question

  • From: "cristy" <poppy0206@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <pctechtalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 11 Jul 2007 17:56:59 -0400

HI Gman,

Actually I used to leave a computer here and mine was hooked up to a router
and hers fed off of my account.  The account for the high speed is still in
my name and I think I just need to plug the cable into the back of my
computer not sure.  My old computer (motherboard died) but still have the
hard drive laying around was the one that had the router hooked up to and
she is on wireless laptop.  I think mine has an ethernest card although I
never used it yet on this computer (Dell).  Wouldnt I have to change
settings how I go online?

thanks,

Christine