-=PCTechTalk=- Re: Inkjet cartridges

  • From: ~OoO~ <sirtroth@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: pctechtalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 26 Dec 2005 20:13:28 -0500

I didn't want to dwell too much into it, but seeing that my request for
cheap ink has brought out interest, I might as well.
:o)

Plainly put... cheap inks are bad for your printer. I had a co-worker
ask me where he can get cheap ink for. I explained to him that a lot of
these non-company manufactured inks (refills, refurbs, etc) are bad for
your printer, and can actually reduce the life of your printer. He
didn't seem too interested. He was more interested in saving money than
saving his printer. That's why I needed the link.

But... you would never see me using anything less than the brand ink for
my printer. I have a Canon and an HP. I only buy Canon-branded and
HP-branded inks. Sure, we all want to save money. But, I try to do it by
purchasing either bulk quantities or buying larger ink tanks (more ml
per  cartridge).

Will using cheap ink break your printer? No. Could it? Yes. It's like
smoking... might catch up with you, might not. Ok... maybe not the best
comparison, but you know what I mean.
;o)

Need proof of all this? There's been much research into this. Do some
lookin' on Google and you'll find some good stuff.

I discourage people from using these after-market inks. But, I fully
understand that some people just need to keep costs down. Fully
understandable. But, at the very least, be equipped with the knowledge
of what you're buying. If you know its bad to smoke, and you still
choose to smoke, we're all adults, that's your choice!

{{ yes... I'm a smoker! }}
;o)

---Troth