-=PCTechTalk=- Re: Inkjet cartridges

  • From: Tori <verse@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: pctechtalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 27 Dec 2005 00:40:34 -0600

The Epson we have is one of their worst models according to what we've read
since we've had trouble with it.  It's almost designed to clog.  We use it
mostly for forms and occasionally for some color printing that doesn't need
to last for years so the cheaper ink is working great for us.  Honestly if
we were going to print stuff that was really important, we'd buy a new
printer.  This one wouldn't be worth it's cost.

I do know that Epson adds an ingredient to their inks that is supposed to
prevent clogging better.  Most generics do not.  However, the ones we're
using now are sure doing something right because it's working like a charm,
better than it ever did with Epson's ink.  So for now, we're using it and
the cheap ink.  When/if it becomes an issue, we'll get a new printer (after
doing some MAJOR online research first....lol).  This one we didn't
research because we always liked Epson.  We'll do the research next time!!

Tori