-=PCTechTalk=- Re: 2 external hard drive quetions plus a new one

  • From: "Dolores" <dshelham@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <pctechtalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 30 Jul 2007 23:10:26 -0400

Thank you and GMan both as that was what I seeing myself when I uncompressed
each folder since they are mostly jpg or mp3 files - still have no idea how
that box managed to get checked but I'm glad I discovered the cause.  I
partitioned my new external and it went smoothly with no kinks - now I just
need to find the time to move things around!

My newest is a Seagate Free Agent and it sure is slim and compact compared
to some of my older ones - same thing though with this one 500 (actually
465) as with my 400 (actually 375) I have to keep checking it to make sure
it's not getting too hot as sure don't want to lose stuff just because I'm
in a hurry.  The smaller ones don't have that problem but my computer desk
looks like I'm running a store for externals so couldn't justify buying
small ones just so they would stay cool all the time :-)  I only hook them
up when I'm actually moving something around or adding something and until
this new one I was able to use the same two USB connectors and power lines
for them all but while this new one can use the same power line, it has a
different shape USB connector so have an additional dangling wire.

GMan I appreciate your consideration about not answering back right away but
I guess I just feel if someone takes the time to answer me I should make a
big effort to at least acknowledge them - I'll try not to feel too guilty if
it happens again :-)  Dolores