-=PCTechTalk=- Re: 2 external hard drive quetions plus a new one

  • From: "Dolores" <dshelham@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <pctechtalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 30 Jul 2007 09:20:54 -0400

addt'l info - and oh my, I can't believe it fact!

For the heck of it while I was waiting to hear back from you, I started
looking at the properties of both the externals in windows to see if I could
see a difference and I did!  The partition that was blue had a check mark
next to (I don't know how it got there) to compress files to save space -
when I unchecked it, I got a message asking if I wanted to uncompress and I
said yes and the blue disappeared (well on part of it as I stopped the
process to type this as was going to take another 35 minutes)  So now my
question is, what is the advantage of checking that box?  If I did it to all
my externals I assume they would all be blue (and probably take me 3 days to
accomplish) but does it really save any space as I couldn't see a change in
what little I did - thanks!  Dolores