-=PCTechTalk=- Re: 2 external hard drive quetions plus a new one

  • From: "Don Wilcox" <Dwilcox3@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <pctechtalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 30 Jul 2007 19:56:57 -0400

Compressing a drive or partition *might* save you space.  It depends on what
is stored on it.  If it is full of JPG or MPEG files that are already
compressed, compressing a drive will recover very little space (relatively
speaking).  If it is full of text files and other uncompressed data files
then the space recovered can be enormous.

Don