RE: Oracle's relationships with expert DBAs (and the rest of us mere mortals)

  • From: "Kevin Closson" <kevinc@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 1 Jun 2006 15:48:06 -0700

>>>OS/platform
>>>
>>>There's no "brutal OS/platform religious wars" in our shop
>>>and we DO succeed, not only do we succeed but we are the
>>>first company to implement Direct Order Fulfillment Business
>>>Model

Vitaliy,

   You missed my point. I am completely willing to accept
any and all of your claims to Oracle excellence. My point
about "brutal OS/platform religious wars" was specifically
directed at shops that "wind up" trying to make a plunge
into linux in spite of internal fighting. Those are the
projects that have a hard time succeeding.

using ORACLE Advanced Supply Chain Planning in record