Re: Oracle's relationships with expert DBAs (and the rest of us mere mortals)

  • From: Mladen Gogala <gogala@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: niall.litchfield@xxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 31 May 2006 01:50:15 -0400

On 05/31/2006 01:35:38 AM, Niall Litchfield wrote:
> On 5/30/06, Mogens NÄÂrrgaard <mln@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> >
> >  Yo Mladen,
> >
> > So what is this now? I'm sitting here in Anjo Kolk's living room with one
> > (just one!) whisky (40 years old) and one (just one) good beer, and then
> > suddenly I'm unable to drink, because I see the most bitter, twisted and old
> > man in the community not being able to accept when someone else than himself
> > - or me - is making a joke?
> >

> The quote as reported, rather than as delivered, and from people who don't
> know Mary-Ann but do know the public pronouncements by both her and David
> Litchfield doesn't sound like a joke. Doesn't mean it wasn't one or that she
> is stupid, just that understanding humour third hand without knowing the
> person doesn't work well. It also doesn't necessarily indicate bad
> journalism - its a good quote after all.

Mary-Ann obviously doesn't know the story about Mary, queen of Scots, and what
her cousin Lizzie did to her when she started talking trash about the English
hackers. I'd like to point to one more thing: Da Vinci code has a snippet about
a cathedral in Scotland, laying on the "rose line" and being connected to
Templars
and free masons. May be Mary-Ann is the Holy Grail? Who knows? I don't even know
the airspeed velocity of an unladen swallow, from another documentary about the
Holy Grail.

--
Mladen Gogala
http://www.mgogala.com