[opendtv] Re: Copps proposes more FCC action

  • From: Cliff Benham <flyback1@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: opendtv@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 13 Sep 2008 18:31:22 -0400

Tom Barry wrote:
Sorry Cliff.  I guess my inner troll got the best of me for a moment.

I assure you I'm not upset at you or anyone else on this list.

I'm simply complaining [and will never stop] about the rotten situation that has existed over DTV in the US since the mid 1990s when a bad system was foisted on the entire country for political and economic reasons rather than choosing one that actually works and is capable of replacing analog NTSC OTA broadcasts on a viewer by viewer basis.

After Feb. 2009, the ATSC system will be found to serve fewer than half
of the country's population [who rely solely on OTA] and it will then finally be replaced with something that should have been selected early on based on it's performance merits and not like the system chosen which was rammed down our throats for reasons of propping up a failing US television manufacturer that was soon thereafter bought out by an offshore company anyway, thus making the whole endeavor useless from start to finish.

Here I can truly say, "Only in America."