[opendtv] Re: Copps proposes more FCC action

  • From: "Bob Miller" <robmxa@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: opendtv@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 12 Sep 2008 22:15:59 -0400

What does going smoothly mean? They had 7% OTA only viewers before and
only 2% now but there was no riot?

What does successful mean? Does it mean that there was no loss of OTA viewers?

With the wonderful things digital TV can bring to your home you might
expect that successful would mean that over 70% of homes switched to
digital TV over the last ten years like has happened in the UK and the
UK doesn't even have HD OTA.

Shouldn't we be doing better than the UK because of the extra draw of HD?

How do you explain what looks so far to me as an utter disaster that
the FCC is trying to get through with the least problems and not the
incredible success we should have, could have had?

Bob Miller