[opendtv] Re: Copps proposes more FCC action

  • From: "Manfredi, Albert E" <albert.e.manfredi@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <opendtv@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 15 Sep 2008 12:26:58 -0400

Cliff Benham wrote:

> Tonight I counted the number of breakups and freezes that occurred
> during the 30 minute ABC network news program received OTA from
> WPVI-DT, Phildelphia:
>
> I stopped counting at 23. Several times the pertinant information
> being presented was lost due to the momentary failures of the ATSC
> transmission/reception system.

I'm sure we've been over this already, Cliff. What leads you to believe
that the problem you have has anything to do with modulation? Do you
have signal strength and echo measurements at your location, to
determine what the problem is?

I'll bet that echo is not a major issue where you are. My guess is
signal strength is your problem, and that everything is therefore a
matter of digital cliff. So what you're probably objecting to is digital
TV of any stripe. Yes?