[modeleng] Re: Stuart Triple Expansion Engine

  • From: "JESSE LIVINGSTON" <fernj1@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <modeleng@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 15 Dec 2004 08:25:31 -0600

I paid around $60.00 US for my Stuart # 9 mill engine castings back in the
1970s.  I heard they were about 650 dollars US for the same castings now
days. At that time the V10 castings were about $25.00US. It sounds to me
like the new owner is trying to get rich as fast as possible, but instead is
driving away his customer base.  It is a shame too, as those were the
highest quality castings I have ever seen.

Jesse in Tennessee