[modeleng] Re: Stuart Triple Expansion Engine

  • From: "JESSE LIVINGSTON" <fernj1@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <modeleng@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 14 Dec 2004 05:38:52 -0600

Lee,

Take a look at Alan Stepney's insightful epistle about waiting too long,
"Until you can afford it", and think about fabricating the entire engine.
Under your email addy I am sending you a photo of an engine as complicated
to build as the Stuart triple and it is all fabricated from aluminium, brass
and steel.  It is a twin cylinder oscillating slide valve marine engine with
Stephenson's link reverse and was entirely designed from photographs.  In
the case of the Stuart, you may be able to get the blueprints at a
reasonable price and start making those metal chips fly.

Jesse Livingston