[modeleng] Re: Steam engine RPM?

  • From: "Charles & Dorothy Brumbelow" <cbrumbelow@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <modeleng@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 11 Sep 2005 15:47:52 -0500

Actually, Tony, you COULD replace one of the spark plugs in your automobile
with a check valve and use that cylinder as a compressor.  That was a tip in
one of the early (prewar?) DIY magazines here in the states.  Might have
been fine to fill up a tire after repairing a flat, but it sounds a lot like
a potential bomb if you filled up a metal tank with the mixture of gasoline
and air under pressure.  Charles