[modeleng] Re: Steam engine RPM?

  • From: Allen Messer <al_messer@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: modeleng@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 8 Sep 2005 09:00:08 -0700 (PDT)

Many thanks, Hubert!  We Anglo-Saxons must and will
stick together, even in our differences concerning
model engineering processes and practices!  LOL!

My second model engineering project was a Stuart 10-V,
which I built with a small Atlas lathe and some hand
tools.  My first project was the conversion of a twin
cylinder air compressor into a steam engine, which ran
quite well, something sort of like a Sirius 2X.

What are some of the other tools you are making or
have made?  I have made several for the lathe from the
sketches in Mr. Sparey's book and I am quite pleased
with their performance.

Have a great day!

Al Messer