[modeleng] Re: Steam engine RPM?

  • From: "alan Stepney" <alan@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <modeleng@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 10 Sep 2005 18:09:56 +0100

Whilst I concur with the majority of Phil's message, I will add a couple of
points.

Propane is much easier to use than oxy acetylene, and the latter isnt easy
to obtain in the UK, without complying with many rules.
With propane,there is minimal risk of burning through plates etc, which one
can do with oxy.

Easyflo, is the best general purpose silver solder and the most widely
available over here.

Although steel is the best material for formers, one can use hardwood.
However, Blackgates and Reeves both offer kits with the end plates already
flanged. The saving in time makes them worthwhile.

Alan